Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Sunday Shoot






Just over the Pennsylvania border in Delaware, in what some call "Chateau Country," is a Gun Club on an old piece of DuPont property. Some of the guys I shoot with are members. On certain Sundays they compete against other Gun Clubs in a friendly Trap Shoot. The event includes lunch and drinks after the barrels are cool and the guns broken down and put away. This year the shooting was skillfull and the fare included deep fried turkey, oysters,home-made onion rings and chips. The grounds are stunning and the guys are gracious and know how to break their share of clay pigeons. What better way for a sportsman to spend a Sunday afternoon....particularly when the Eagles have soiled the linen and do not merit our time and attention.

3 comments:

M.Lane said...

I shot sporting clays one glorious autumn weekend at a plantation in Georgia and although my shooting leaves much to be desired [I'm awful] the food and bourbon were memorable. I'd love to do it again sometime. Great post.

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Main Liner, great pics and it looks like a fun time. Very cool post, thanks for sharing.

Nelle Somerville said...

I'm envious of gun clubs and shot clays only once over Lake Michigan and got a piece of one. My mother was a sharp shooter at camp and taught us when we were young. I love that about my mother! Looks like an idyllic afternoon!