Thursday, December 22, 2011

Frohliche Weinachten









Departing 12/23/2011 for Stowe,Vermont. As last year, the Wife and I are taking the kids North for a White Christmas,Christmas Eve at Stowe Community Church,Christmas dinner at The Green Mountain Inn, some skiing,ice-skating,Winter hikes and Yuletide relaxation.Hot tub and cocktails, Christmas movies(Barbara Stanwyck in "Xmas in Connecticut" and 'Joyeux Noel" are featured)Bourbon by the fire and attempting to forget about the practice of Law for a few days. No cooking dinner for 20 on Christmas night, no shuttling from party to party and relative's homes....less hustle and angst...more time with my kids and my wife. No Blog-posts...so I leave you with some Christmas images and my thanks for reading the nonsense I scribble here....and even more thanks for those of you who continue to Post your fine prose and pictures. I truly enjoy reading your posts and appreciate the time invested. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

7 comments:

JMW said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday you and your family are taking - perfect way to celebrate Christmas! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy the slopes, the time away with your precious family and much rest away from work - unplug and unwind. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Sounds idyllic. Frohliche Weinachten to your and yours as well.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours

M.Lane said...

What a lovely Holiday plan!

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

2Stoics said...

Merry Cheistmas!

You're a born writer.

LLP said...

We spent most of our holiday in a similar mode. Though California has little white stuff this year... the skiing was all man-made groomed downhill.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I love the idea of escaping for Christmas--I'm sure it was wonderful! I love all those vintage photos and got a good laugh out of the sleigh with actual deer heads!