Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Planter's Punch Brand


Mixing Gin and Dark Rum to form a bastardized Daquiri is somewhat suspect. However, the result is pretty damn good. I would suggest sticking to Planter's Punch...the recipe is on the bottle. Or a Sharkbite: Myers's dark..Orange juice, Pineapple juice and a splash of Grenadine...I consumed countless Sharkbites at "The Bluffs" in Bayhead.
I really like Myers's with tonic and a large wedge of lime...that is my "go-to" drink all Summer. It is also delicious in hot cider after skiing or in hot tea after an afternoon in a cold,damp goose pit.
According to this old advertisement...one drinks the cocktail described while watching polo in Jamaica.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to high taxes and changing tastes i don't think you can find it anywhere at 90+ proof.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

YUM! Sounds like something I'd like, I have to be careful with gin though--it doesn't like me!!