Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hunting Upland Game






As reported in the last Post...waterfowling has been fairly miserable this year.So in an effort to assuage my solemn mood...I dredged up some photos of hunting pheasant and quail with my faithful bird dog Archie. Oh yeah...the other guy in the picture is my faithful college buddy Glenn.
When Archie takes a point and holds over a bird, it never fails to send a chill tickling down the vertebrae. The flush and a clean shot is rewarding, but I think I enjoy watching my dog, that I trained, more than anything. Archie is getting a bit old now but he is still game. In fact, he spent the better part of the weekend in a duck blind and goose pit with me. We are both happiest when we are together.

2 comments:

The Glengarry Sporting Club said...

Nice shots. Beautiful dog. Double Tin Cloth from Filson. (I wear them when I hunt too.)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Bryce has a black lab too and he's just started taking him hunting this year--it's incredible all the commands he knows!