Monday, April 9, 2012

Did He Put the "Man" in Mani-Pedi?




Perhaps by now you have seen a TMZ news item "outing" Quarterback Tim Teebow for having a pedicure. Is this scandalous? Is it suspect? I have never given much thought to the pedicure. I know my wife gets them....the girls afternoon out for the mani-pedi is a phrase I hear in passing while I am in the garage or in my poker room cleaning the shotguns. I never considered getting one myself. I have heard one of my prior partners at the Jazz Club snuck off to have them. There is a manicure joint near my office at street level with big windows and a row of Lazy-Boy like thrones which are always full of women. Now and then I have seen a man in there having his toes sand blasted or whatever,and I must admit as I walked by I said to myself..."Wadda candy-ass."
Now I read that certain professional athletes often subject themselves to this curious set of procedures involving a masked girl hacking and rubbing and soaking and picking and buffing. According to these athletes, the pedicure is seen as a training procedure "as much medical as cosmetic" according to Health Today. This may be accurate....I just picture myself trying to use this information as justification and being drowned out by the guffaws and jeers of the guys at the Hunting Club if I showed up with little slippers and cotton batting betwixt my toes.

5 comments:

joe said...

And while he's at it he should really have that unsightly leg hair waxed off..

JMW said...

I shouldn't be so judgmental, but I thought the same thing of a guy who came into the nail salon while I was having a pedi the other day. He oozed vanity. I know, not fair. I was there, too, but it's simply for sandal- and open-toe heel-season. Okay, maybe I'm vain myself. :)

Yankee-Whisky-Papa said...

As I'm on record as saying, MALES may do this sort of thing, but MEN do not.

2Stoics said...

I just can't see doing it. That said, I DO have one of those things that scrapes dead skin off of your feet... but it hurts and I do it myself, so it's manly. That's what I tell myself.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Hehehe too funny! My mom tried to convince my dad to go for years..he resisted for years! One day she finally got him to go with her and now he's hooked!