Thursday, January 6, 2011

Enough About Obituaries





I love it when one of my kids forwards some photos to me that I had not seen before or had not taken myself. The pictures above are from my middle daughter.I have posted on her before and she just never fails to make me smile or impress me with her drive and energy. The horse in the picture belongs to a friend and boards at a Barn up the street from our house. My daughter takes care of the horse and really loves her. This shot of the horse "Georgia" scratching her head on my kid's hip and making her squeal with laughter is on of my favorites. A kid's laughter caught on film is a nice counter-point to the recent maudlin posts about the death of musicians...

11 comments:

Southern H and H said...

What a doll! Such a sweet face.

LPC said...

Your daughter is quite lovely. And I smile to see her at the podium, the word "President" behind her.

James said...

She's an angel. As an expert on daughters I can say that without fear of contradiction.

Belle de Ville said...

What a lovely daughter you have! Her sweetness and joy and accomplishment is evident from these photos.

JMW said...

What a beautiful girl! I recall you and I conversing about her love of horses and how much she loves being around them. I assume she's still competing? (My 5-year old keeps saying she wants to be a jockey when she grows up, but has only been a horse twice. Well, if she takes after me, the height quotient will be in her favor.)

Anonymous said...

What lovely pictures. There is nothing more joyful than a happy child. I have three children myself and there are times I wish I had more.

Best regards,

JRC

Salt Water New England said...

You are indeed surrounded by beauty. You truly captured the connection she has with the horse. (Also fun to see it's winter coat.)

Salt Water New England said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

These are great!

ADG said...

Sublime

Main Line Sportsman said...

Thanks for the comments ladies and gents!