Monday, August 19, 2013

Sportsmen Can Cook

Now and then I have shared game recipes and prattled on about delicious feasts of meat harvested with a shotgun. Sometimes I attack more simple fare.
The family and friends we see in the Adirondacks are incredibly gracious and generous hosts for several of the nights we are in the North Country. Traditionally I like to let the matriarch get a break and make dinner for the crew. I have done duck gumbo and wild boar ragu and jambalaya as a few examples. Rarely is the head count less than 12. This year I went with a simple menu but a crowd pleaser: Homemade meatballs and pasta with Caesar salad and garlic bread. Simple, but when done with care and attention from scratch...a treat.
For you clothing blog types I am sporting an Orvis pullover in Nantucket red, Levi's jeans and a Rolex GMT II. Behind me is a kick ass Viking range with 6 burners, 2 ovens and a flat-top. It is easy to roll out dinner for 15 when you have the right equipment.

1 comment:

M.Lane said...

Man I want to go to a meal like that sometime soon! It has been way too long.

ML