Thursday, August 11, 2011

Monmouth Park Race 10




My good friend Peter has a horse running at Monmouth tomorrow. I met Peter in the late 80's when I was boozing and hanging around the Beach and Bars of Bay Head, New Jersey. Peter was a Wall st. guy who made it pretty big then got out.He had a house on the Scow Ditch for a few Summers then a permanent residence on the Bargnegat Bay. We hit the races at Monmouth many times and caught the Haskell whenever I was around.His wedding at the Bay Head Yacht Club is still the stuff of legends.Peter is an affable Gent and knows his horse racing!
Now he is married and he and his wife have a breeding farm in NJ where they are making a go of a Racing Stable. He keeps me up to date when his horses are running. One of his Mares...Punchin' Chudy, is racing tomorrow at Monmouth in the 10th Race. Elvis Trujillo is riding and I have a good feeling about this race. It is a $50,000 Allowance at 1 mile 70 yards and I'll wager this distance and this jockey are a good combination for this horse. So...if you happen to be at the Track somewhere...check the simulcast....but even better, if you are at Monmouth put some money on her nose.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hasn't won a race in over 2 years, never gone a route, will be over bet.

Best of luck to all.

JMW said...

Ah, hope he does well! My dad took my daughter to the backside at Churchill yesterday to meet some horses and eat breakfast in the jockey kitchen. She had a ball. There's nothing like being among the thoroughbreds. :)

Main Line Sportsman said...

Anon...she WON!!
See if you had followed my tip you would have cashed a nice ticket on this race...

Anonymous said...

Punchin' Chudy had her first foal this year (by Macho Uno) and she is a real bruiser. Her name is Punk N Disorderly.

Look for her at Monmouth Park (hopefully) in a few years.
Signed,
Rock Talker