Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fishing Manual for Young Sportsmen


This is a book written by my hunting buddy Gavin. He has been mentioned and pictured here before.You may also recall Max was shown with two massive Stripers several weeks ago. As you can see from the below description, his son Max helped author this book and together they hope to get kids off the couch and away from X-Box and computer games and out to the surf to catch fish. The book can be found at LULU and you can find a link below.

"A portion of the sale proceeds will be donated by the authors to the “Save Our Seas Foundation.” Max was able to overcome a reading disability in order to help write this book. This would not have been possible without his wonderful teachers at the “Academy in Manayunk” who applied the Wilson method and other special reading techniques to make this possible."

https://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/master-catcher-of-long-beach-island/16433210

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Yay for them! I am in favor of anything that gets kids off the couch and outside!! Good for the brain :-)! XOXO

Yankee-Whisky-Papa said...

I agree with Preppy 101. I also love the implied joke of the title.

JMW said...

I may have to buy this book. Not only because I want for my kids to embrace the outdoors as much as possible (and Hubby wants to make them a master fly fisherman/woman), but I have a younger brother who is dyslexic. Anything that benefits kids with learning disabilities receives a huge thumbs-up from me. :)