Monday, October 25, 2010

Strike Three

I hunted the opening day of ducks Friday with my buddy Rob. We had a fair amount of action at first light but a very low tide made decoy placement a serious challenge.
Saturday afternoon Rob called and advised he had an extra ticket for Game 6 of the National League Pennant series at The Park here in Philadelphia. I attended the game and at the end was treated to the above-depicted batter's box debacle. I could write paragraphs about the game and about Howard's "at-bat" and other crushing disappointments. I will spare you the verbosity. All I can say is in the bottom of the 9th, with 2 men on and 2 out and the series on the line, that pitch was....as they say in baseball....."too close to take."

6 comments:

James said...

I always tell my kids Umpires love to ring you up looking. Two strikes and it's close, swing away. Sounds like a busy opening day.

LPC said...

But aren't you glad that at least the Yankees are out this year?

Main Line Sportsman said...

Phila fans are always elated when a NY team goes down!

Anonymous said...

MLS,
I feel your pain. If it makes you feel any better (it won't) remember that Texas paid Arod millions to take them to the WS, and the other night he finally did it...

Giants in 6.

Best Regards
LD

Main Line Sportsman said...

Luck-dog. I do not see the Giants beating the Texas boys...they had no buusiness getting by the Phils...and Lee and his posse steam roll in 5...

Anonymous said...

Was that Moe Howard who took the called 3rd strike?