Wednesday, January 20, 2010

As I continue my foray into the world of boxing management I am continuosly impressed with the dedication and athletic ability of my Welterweight fighter Ardrick Butler. He is scheduled to fight 2/26/2010 at The Arena in Philadelphia in a 6 round bout. He is moving up from 4 round fights and his training and work-outs have adjusted to this longer contest. Anyone who has ever engaged in a combat sport like boxing, wrestling etc. knows the courage it takes to step into the ring or onto the mat. In addition to pure athletic ability,stamina and skill, it requires an emotional and mental strength that many people neither posses nor appreciate. Boxing is a great sport to watch live....far better than TV. Any sportsman should go to the fights in their area to experience " The Sweet Science" firsthand.

2 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

I mention the assemblies in my novel, Social Climbers. I've attended. Since my novel is about The Main Line, and not Chestnut Hill I focused on what I know more about. I've never claimed to be exclusive-I'm the opposite. I'm inclusive-that is my message. Cheers!
xoxo
SC

Beth Dunn said...

Rocky is one of my favorite movies. My father and husband both attended Dickinson. Nice to make your acquaintance.
xoxo

SC