Thursday, June 23, 2011

etta james I'd Rather Go Blind


A couple that are dear friends of my wife and I are splitting up. Whenever I hear of divorce and infidelity in our circle of friends I invariably think of the pain experienced by the individuals. When I think of this angst and heartbreak, Etta's soulful and haunting song comes to mind. Seperation and Divorce is a tribulation for all involved and visits terrible emotional trauma on the children in most cases.
My ardent hope is that this struggling family can perservere and find the strength to cope with the legion of problems on the horizon.

3 comments:

K.S.Anthony said...

A CLASSIC Etta James song. Saw her live in Nashville four or five years ago and she was absolutely amazing.

My thoughts are with your friends.

When love breaks, the shards tend to cut everyone to pieces.

Sandra said...

Sorry about your friends. Yes, from what I've seen observed about divorce, it is not pretty in any shape, form, or fashion.

I adore Etta James . . . xoxo

JMW said...

So sorry to hear about your friends. Not only is it painful for the couple, but it's crushing for the friends and family who love them.

Etta. What a voice, what a soul.