Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Off Line


As of this evening I am heading to the Adirondacks for some much needed decompression. We will be camping on an island on Lower Saranac Lake for two nights and then staying at a house on Upper Saranac for a week. We will complete the North Country sojourn with a stay at the Whiteface Lodge. In between, we will attend a 5oth anniversary party at the Whiteface Lodge for my friend's parents as well as a benefit cocktail party for the Pendragon Theatre at Wenonah Lodge, a restored Great Camp.. We are also hosting a pig roast for about 40 guests on Upper Saranac next Wednesday. There will be much waterskiing,hiking,fishing,canoeing,kayaking, and cocktail cruising. I will get to spend lots of time with the kids and that is perhaps the best part. On the return journey we will make a stop at Saratoga for some racing.
Until I return I am shunning all electonic contrivances and all devices of artificial urgency. I will have to check e-mail from the office and check voice mail occassionally....but there will be no posts from this Sportsman...


6 comments:

JMW said...

Unplug, unwind and enjoy! Sounds like an ideal getaway, and to end it at Saratoga? Heaven! Have fun with the kiddos - great memories will made, I'm sure.

Julie DeBrandt Hunter said...

Have a great vacation. Sounds d~lightful.

LPC said...

Unplug and enjoy. Have a wonderful vacation.

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Sounds like loads of fun! Enjoy ol' chum.

Kathie Truitt said...

Good for you - enjoy the family and the peace and quiet.

The remainder of my summer is filled with book tours so I can eventually get to the point I can take next August off. As in the WHOLE month. On the beach.

A girl can dream...

Keith said...

I hope you have a wonderful time.