Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Spreading the Gospel

The other day I received a comment on a post from a Marine who is interested in getting involved in upland game and waterfowl hunting. I e-mailed in response to this comment and received this reply:


"Thanks for the e-mail.  Although currently stationed in North Carolina, I'm originally from Philly.  Any tips you can share would be greatly appreciated.


Very respectfully,
***************


Captain, United States Marine Corps

Legal Assistance Attorney

I then replied with some suggestions about getting started on game preserves with release pheasants and chukkars. I also suggested checking at the Officers Club regarding waterfront land where the Captain is stationed to inquire about duck and goose hunting possibilities. I hope the young Captain is successful. He has the shotgun and hunting license squared away....now he just needs the opportunity. I closed my e-mail by offering to personally guide him on a duck or goose hunt when he is home on leave this Winter. It seems my ramblings have reached a few souls out there.